Project Management: Organising Large-scale Projects and FestivalsJune 18, 2015
Lecturer: Joanne Pouzenc
If you want to venture into large-scale projects, this course will give you the practical tools to skillfully coordinate them. Feel confident to step it up and get your big idea off the ground.
Whether your idea is a festival, a thematic week, a multi-platform exhibition, or a brand-new format, the number of abilities needed to effectively realise the initial idea is often at first unknown or under-evaluated. Having a wide overview of the different steps that will appear from the very beginning is essential to make your unique project successful.
This course will address the main elements of large-scale project management: from the concept formulation to the evaluation of its viability, from the research of fundings and partners to dealing with an expanding team and tights schedules, from acknowledging existing communication and management tools to finally making it happen! The course will dive through a variety of examples and presents several internet-based tools that will help you organize your time, your team and your resources.
*Video-conferences every Tuesday at 7pm Central European Time. Recordings available in case you miss a live session!
Participation fee: 148 euros
Week 1: Conceptual resources
- Introduction: different formats / different examples
- Formulate your idea
- Find the right size and the right format
- Transform an idea into a concept: structures for clear ideas.
- Network exploration: finding the good references and the best partners.
- What is the perfect place?
- Homework assignment: Write a concept!
Week 2: Financial resources
- What budget for your project?
- Initiation to funding opportunities: Public / Private / Crowdfunding.
- Writing a sponsorship application: Content and adaptations.
- Audience and Sponsors: Make them fit!
- Homework assignment: Make a sponsorship brochure!
Week 3: Human resources
- The core team: the unexchangeable roles.
- How to communicate within your team: Tools, Strategies and Organization
- Outsourcing or Homemade: How and when to expand your team.
- Team coordination: until the event / during the event
- The extras: Volunteers / Helpers / Photographers
- Homework assignment: Make a retroplanning!
Week 4: Communication resources
- Communicate What, How and When?
- Webdesign / Graphic design / Identity
- Social media planning (Twitter / Facebook / Instagram)
- Newsletters: Tools for the management of lists
- Print it out!
- Medias / Press Release / Press conference
- The after event: Documentation / Post production / Post communication