Visual Identity for Art Projects with InDesign: Business Cards, Brochures, Signage and MoreSeptember 21, 2015
ONLINE COURSE / Duration: Oct 14 – Nov 4, 2015 / Application deadline: Oct 10, 2015 Lecturer: Iohanna Nicenboim
This hands-on course is tailored for anyone who wants to acquire skills in graphic design, especially applied to cultural events and spaces. With this course, you will learn how to create your own visual material, manipulate text and images and translate your ideas into a cohesive and powerful visual language.
While you learn Indesign, you will have the chance to create different formats – such as invitations, brochures, vinyl exhibition titles and information panels, acquiring also basic notions of visual communication and cultural branding.
Participation fee: 148€
*Live video-conferences every Wednesday at 7pm Central European Time. Recordings will be available in case you miss a live session!
- Branding for cultural events
- Visual identity system
- Design principles
- Indesign, basics
- Tutorial: create your own business card
- Web vs. Print
- Resolution, image formats and color modes
- InDesign, part 2
- Preparing material for print
- Tutorial: design a flyer/invitation for an event
- Graphics design for a space
- Colors and Materials
- Typography I
- Indesign, part 3
- Tutorial: Design a vinyl title
- Publication design: binding, book layout, cover design
- Typography II
- Text, paragraph and the grid
- Indesign, advanced
- Tutorial: Layout a catalog
*For this course is necessary to have InDesign installed in your computer. If you don’t have this software, we’ll send instructions to download the 30-day trial on the first day of the course. Please note that Node does not provide this software.