Position available: Scriptwriter
Job type: Project-based
Application deadline: 30 January, 2018
Node Center is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Scriptwriter with knowledge in contemporary art to develop a series of filmed tutorials. The tutorials are designed for our audience of international curators to learn essential practical, theoretical and professional skills.
Founded in 2009, Node Center is the first e-learning program for curators and art professionals. Through a series of live and interactive online courses as well as recorded tutorials, we provide practical knowledge that is often not available in the art academy or certain geographies. Our program is designed to equip curators with skills for use in real world and professional settings.
The Scriptwriter will work closely with our tutorial presenters to assist them with developing an overall outline of their tutorial and edit their scripts ready for film into a style that is both informative, engaging and inspiring for our audience of curators. The Scriptwriter will develop scripts for one 45 minute tutorial each month, which we estimate should take 32 hours of work per month. The Scriptwriter will:
- Create schedule for editing drafts and feedback with the tutorial presenter
- Review and provide feedback for proposed tutorial outlines from the tutorial presenter
- Review and re-adjust scripts written by the tutorial presenter to make them dynamic and ‘film-ready’
- Copyedit scripts for clarity, grammar and fact check information
- Gain approval from Node Center staff for the completed script to go ahead
- Fluent English speaker (native preferred)
- Clear eye for detail and ability to copy-edit texts
- Experience preparing scripts for films that are interesting and engaging
- Experience in adult education (preferred)
- Engaged with the contemporary art world, especially curating and up to date on current events and trends
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Dynamic, creative, experimental and enthusiastic
Send the following to email@example.com:
- 2 page CV
- 1 page cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the position
- 1 sample of relevant work (eg. script, film excerpt or written text)
Please note that we also have a position of Film Director available. If you have skills for BOTH the position of Scriptwriter and Film Director we would especially love to hear from you! In that case please submit a single application specifying that you wish to apply for both positions.